A traditional looking product using modern mineral render technology, Renderlite is a coloured mineral plaster which acts as a basecoat for pebble-dash rendering.
The beauty of Renderlite is that, while water repellent, it also allows the structure to breathe, has excellent dirt pick-up resistance and is extremely stable in severe climatic conditions. This makes it a popular option for architects replicating the traditional pebble-dash look or for renovation projects.
• An all-in-one plastering and finishing system.
• Excellent dirt pick-up resistance.
• Easily disguises substrate imperfections.
• Extremely stable against UV light.
• Exceptional mechanical strength and impact resistance.
• Controlled vapour permeability enabling the substrate to breathe.
Areas Of Use
• Designed for exterior facades.
• Can be applied directly on to clay brick, concrete block, AAC block, precast concrete, in-situ concrete and stone.
• The basecoat is trowel applied and finished by spraying or manually casting the marble chips over the entire surface and embedding them into the surface with a steel trowel or hairless roller.
Prepare substrate by removing all loose and friable matter. Stop and fill where necessary. Ensure that the surface is clean, dry and sound.
A key coat is required on very smooth surfaces such as precast or in-situ concrete. Trowel apply Terraco Renderlite, tinted to the required colour, and while still wet manually or mechanically cast the pebble-dash into the basecoat and embed with a steel trowel applied in strict accordance with manufacturer’s instructions to colour and aggregate size as per approved architectural sample.
Protect all adjacent areas not to be covered. All cracks, chips, voids and damages should be repaired with an appropriate filler. Prepare by removing all loose and flaking paint, grease, dirt and grime. Where necessary prime exposed areas appropriately. Proceed as for new work.