Terracoat BT texture is elegance personified. It is used on some of the most exclusive villa and housing developments in the world. With its beautifully delicate striated brush finish Terracoat BT creates a stressed effect that creates a very sophisticated and exclusive look that will outlast any conventional paint system.
• A striated, low build, brush finish.
• Outstanding quality.
• Extremely tough and durable. (ASTM 4060)
• Protects against UV and weather conditions.
• Vapour permeable allowing substrate to breathe. (ASTM E96)
• High impact and abrasion resistance.
• Water based and environmentally friendly.
Areas Of Use
• Used on cementitious rendered surfaces, fairfaced stonework, brickwork, and blockwork.
• Used extensively on high-end developments, both residential and commercial.
• Applied by lambswool roller and finished using a long-haired brush to create a striated line finish, resulting in peaks and valleys of texture build-up.
Prepare substrate by removing all loose and friable matter. Stop and fill where necessary. Ensure that the surface is clean, dry and sound.
Apply one coat of Terraco P Primer Textured and allow to cure. Apply Terraco Terracoat BT / Terracoat Sil BT / Terracoat Flex BT (select required performance option*) with a lambswool roller and then finish whilst still wet using a long-haired brush to give a striated lined finish, allowing for drying times between coats, as per approved architectural sample.
Protect all adjacent surfaces not to be covered. All cracks, chips, voids and damages should be repaired with an appropriate filler. Prepare by removing all loose and flaking paint, grease, dirt and grime. Spot prime exposed areas appropriately. Proceed as for new work.